Sunday, November 20, 2011

Petterssons gravsten

Urnlund.
Going in...
This past weekend I found myself in Stockholm again and thought I would take advantage of the opportunity to visit Pettersson's grave. It was a beautiful Saturday morning and arriving at the Högalidskyrkan I was expecting to find a graveyard adjacent to the church. However, it soon became clear that there was no such thing, but rather a place for the deceased's ashes.

Once inside, there were gravestones floor to ceiling. It was not quite the proverbial needle in the haystack, but it was close. 

After combing through the gravestones on two floors (with assistance) I decided to call it quits for the time being. On the way out, my partner pointed out a set of gravestones on the upper most row, which were shaped differently than the others. Suddenly, I remembered from Nils Larsson's facebook photo of Pettersson's grave (which I should have brought with me in the first place). If you look carefully at the photo you can see the location of the gravestone, should you wish to visit it yourself.

I am taking my time with getting around to the Symphony No. 12, but I will post something eventually. After the audition, I now need to practice the music for the actual concert...
A lot of gravestones...
Found it!





No comments:

Post a Comment